Monday, February 2, 2009

5th Grade Science with Mrs. Schmidt...


We are learning about the digestive system...this was a thinking map I created with my class about feces...man did we have a GOOD laugh!! I rewarded them with this disgusting activity because they did so well on the test review. I couldn't believe all the synonyms they thought of for feces. After they go home and tell their parents what they learned today, I hope I still have a job tomorrow...hey, I have to find a way to make it fun.

If you can think of more...add them to the list!

7 comments:

mikeylikesit said...

Although all of those are hilarious, I think I laughed the most at "Brown Little Friend", "Missiles" and "Log". It's just funny that missiles and a log can be associated with poop. I also love the fact that someone thinks his excrement is considered to be a friend. Knowing that little kids came up with these makes me laugh even harder. Great idea! Great post! Thanks for sharing.

The Real Jim Heywood said...

Hilarious. If my dad were in the class he would have said s_ _ _.

Scott and Mandi said...

The "happy time" one cracked me up the most!

mikeylikesit said...

Happy Time is funny, but it's not happy time for me. My descending colon, sigmoid colon, and rectum must be five times bigger than my anus. I'll just leave it at that.

Unknown said...

I found these synonyms on the internet. turd, bm, sob, bastard, bowel movement, buffalo chips, bugger, ca-ca, coprolite, coprolith, cow chips, cow flops, cow pats, crap, creep, cur, defecation, dingleberry, dog, droppings , dung, fart, feculence, guano, heel, hood, hooligan, jakes, jerk, louse, manure, meanie, mother, movement, night soil, ordure, pill, prick, rat, scum, sewage, sewerage, shit, shithead, shitheel, skunk, snake, stinkard, stinker, stool, toad

The Real Jim Heywood said...

Wowzers, Emma, there are words on your list that I'll bet you wouldn't say out loud. :)

harwood said...

My parents told me to call them BMs (Bowel Movement). The one I personally used the most was Number Two.