Monday, February 9, 2009

My "lovely" trophy...



Heather just pulled this pic out from last summer...I got a good laugh out of it. I look like I'm excited, but really I was "mocking" my prize. I've been running this Lake Gregory 5k for years and always wanted to get first place in my age group because they give out these super cool carved pine tree trophies. So this year I win first place, and what do they pass out as trophies??? A MUG...a stinking MUG...when they called my name I had to do this stupid pose, really I was pretty ticked off! Anyway, I'm getting back into my heavy duty training and I plan to run a half marathon in June...feels fabulous to be putting some good miles on the road again!

5 comments:

The Real Jim Heywood said...

I would also be ticked. So is it mounted on your trophy shelf? Here in Moroni they lump everyone 30 and older into the same age bracket. There is no way I'm going to beat a thirty year old - unless it's with a stick I find at the finish line.

Carrie and Jim said...

Wow. It was like they knew you were coming AND going to win.

Cindie Schmidt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindie Schmidt said...

...that's hillarious Jim! That grouping is insane! You should run a race down here with me when you come to visit...here they group us every five years...the way it should be (the young race the young, the old race the old, and the old farts race the old farts)

Carrie and Jim said...

The best part is that stupid girl behind you who thinks the mug is a cool trophy. Look at her. I just want to smack her now.

Jim